Friday, October 24, 2014

Cat Thieves (Halloween Kitty)

Mugshot of a cat thief.
 Honestly, I expected to find more pictures of cats with thief costumes on. But I didn't find that many. Then I realized why---all cats are thieves. What you think is your hamburger, your pizza, your pillow, your cup of water---a cat sees as theirs. Everything that you own, your neighbor owns, your dog owns, in the mind of a cat belongs to them. Hence from a human viewpoint, all cats are thieves.

Your Halloween candy was laced with catnip.
 That bucket of Halloween candy---it belongs to the cat---honest. (As I type this, my own cat is batting a lemonhead around the floor---it is not candy; it is a cat toy!)

Maybe kitty should quit doing drugs.
 I had cats get into my herbs; both catnip and valerian root has to be stored in cat-proof containers, otherwise, I end up with stoned kitties.

Money! Money! Mo-oney!
 Despite the evidence of this picture, I have yet to have a cat bring home any money. Maybe they are spending it before I see them with the hard cold cash.

Stripes makes thief kitty look guilty.
 Here is the lone thief costume that I found a kitty in. Dressing up a cat as a thief is probably a crime...at least, in the eyes of a cat.

Plotting, thieving, and no regrets.
The most common thing that cats steal (at least, at my house) is food. You can see the cats plotting and planning, reaching out to grab the food, and eating food that the humans thought was theirs. And in the end, the cats regret nothing.

No comments: