Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Great Denver Substation Explosion of 2010

At about 6:30 today, there was a flicker in the power here at the house. I was on the phone with a friend at the time. Her power went completely out. She mentioned that there were a lot of sirens to the east of her house. So I went outside.

There was a giant plume of black smoke to the south. It looked like something had exploded. And was burning hot and fast.

It turns out that one of the power substations that gone up. Fortunately, the building was close to a fire station.

Also all three back-up generators at Rose Medical failed during this crisis.

Now what does this have to do with the subject of magic? Well, nothing...I hope.

It was just that last night I started to seriously work upon a demonic/alien/other-worldly tale about a beast that has a fondness for eating nuclear reactors. And last night, I dreamed of it deciding to eat part of an ordinary power plant.

Hopefully, it is just a coincedence. I don't want to be like the prophet in the TV series, Supernatural. But my regular readers will remember the last time, I wondered something like this---it involved an airplane.

It is probably just a coincedence, but one really wants to be sure on days like this.

No comments: