Friday, October 30, 2009

Annual Blizzard Ritual

I got to perform the annual blizzard ritual this morning. Toni managed to get the car stuck at the end of the alley. Then I got to find cat litter to grit the road, and dig the car out.

So why do I call this a ritual?

Well, if I do not have enourgh cat litter (the non-clumping style), I get to take apart one (or both) of the Temple Pillars. For those who do not know, the Pillars I built are old four-by-fours placed in five gallon pickle buckets, painted black and white and weighed down with about ten pounds of cat litter each.

And this morning, that is exactly what I had to do. I chose to take apart the Black Pillar this time. I doubt that it means anything, outside of amusing me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just learned about this last year. For some unknown reason I have managed to live 32 years, 25 of them with cats, and had never heard this. One of those quarks in my atmosphere. Anyway, it worked so well that I wanted to kick myself for the the last three years when the hill out of our valley iced up and I could never quite get my car out. So now, there is always a bag of cat litter in the trunk once it starts getting cold. Works like a charm!

Lavanah said...

Disassembling the Black Pillar to its components, (cat litter, Holy Bast!) right before Halloween/Samhain, and you say that it might not mean anything?

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

Ok, I am HOPING that it doesn't mean anything. It could be worse; I could have disassembled the White Pillar. I did take about three seconds to decide which one, but I was half-asleep at that point (so I have no idea of the subconscious logic behind the choice).